Saturday, July 25, 2009

I want to keep my teeth for life!?

Ok so I havent been to the dentist for 4 years, going in a few days and I have a 5 fillings already, I do look after my teeth and I floss not as often as I should! But I do want to keep all of my teeth for life!! can any one recommend the perfect regime and what to youse, things that are available in the uk. is it possible just to have bad teeth, like ribbish enamel? coz everyone around me seems eat far more sweets and not look after there teeth and they have no fillings! it not fair!

I want to keep my teeth for life!?
Well, now that you'll be going to the dentist, start making a habit of it. Before you leave the dentist office, make sure you schedule an appointment for a cleaning in 6 months, and keep doing that for the rest of your life. Brush you teeth twice a day, when you get ready for the day and before bed. Floss every night before bed. Having bad gums is one of the major reasons people loose their teeth. If you don't floss, you can also get a gum infection that can travel to your heart. There are new mouthwashes that aren't expensive that have a whitener in them.
Reply:I work for a pediatric dentist. He always tells the patients that there are 3 areas you can work on to maintain good dental health :


1. Hygiene (brushing/flossing properly and regularly)


2. Diet (keeping sugars down, healthy foods up)


3. visiting a dentist 2x a year





I have worked for him for 15 years. For the most part inheriting "soft" or bad teeth is not really possible. There are a few rare cases where enamel is poorly formed. Most likely people inherit their parents poor hygiene and diet habits that create the dental problems they have. It so sad when a patient comes to our office with one of their molars in such terrible shape, that at age 11 a permanent tooth has to be removed- that tooth is supposed to last a LIFETIME!



company

No comments:

Post a Comment