Saturday, July 25, 2009

Can my teeth get better by putting my retainer back on?

Could anyone help? i had a permanent brace for about 2 years and wore a retainer afterwards for some time. that was 2 years ago. I am not sure but I think there is a slight movement in my front teeth and would like to know if by putting my retainer that I had after my brace back on every night would harm my teeth and make them worst or help them get back into perfect shape.





Thanks

Can my teeth get better by putting my retainer back on?
The function of Retainer is to retain the position of teeth as was achieve by braces. You do not seem to have worn the retainer for the suggested period. After your teeth have moved out slightly, this retainer may not take the fit. It may not be a good idea to force it on. You may rather go back to the orthodontist for a check up who would be in a better position to tell whether you need to be in braces again for a short period or you need a new retainer with a proper fit. Heed to the orthodontist to get back your lost perfect shape.
Reply:A retainer is used to maintain the position of the teeth after the braces come off. If your teeth have moved, the retainer will not fit properly and could be painful. If your teeth have only moved very slightly, and your retainer does not hurt when you wear it, then it should keep your teeth from moving any further. It's not strong enough to move your teeth back to the original position.



skin cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment