Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Can my teeth change?

can my teeth change in one in a half months if i brush my teeth after every meal and up to four times a day? trust me, i'm good looking i just need my teeth white to be perfect! Oh ya and can someone tell me how long i should brush my teeth? Thx!

Can my teeth change?
It is nice to hear you are concerned with your teeth and as a dental hygienist I would like to give you a few suggestions. If you haven't had a dental cleaning you should consider having one because if you have buildup on your teeth you may not be able to brush it off and if you leave it on the teeth it will collect stain which will not allow your teeth to look as good as you would like them too.





There are two kinds of buildup, (#1) soft sticky plaque which turns into (#2) tartar that is hard like cement. Although you can remove plaque at home by flossing and with brushing 2-3 times a day (for 2 minutes at a time) the tartar cannot be removed because it is too hard and often inaccessible During the cleaning the plaque and tartar will be removed.





After your cleaning you could consider using a whitening product. The easiest, lowest cost option would probably be the crest whitestrips. Two things to know, don't brush your teeth before you put them on and if they get sensitive use a sensitive tooth toothpaste (like crest sensititve or sensodyne).





So, you can have fabulous home care with brushing 3 x a day, but if you already have buildup (haven't had a cleaning in a while) you should have a cleaning and then perhaps whiten them. Hope that helps!





JAMRDH - a dental hygienist
Reply:Not really but it doesnt hurt. 2 minutes. Maybe you should bleach them.



business finance

No comments:

Post a Comment